Freedom Games and the heartfelt dog shelter management sim from developer Little Rock Games, To the rescue!, is now available on Steam for PC and Mac owners. This cute dog shelter simulator lets dog-loving players help find homes for stray woofers while playing a role in supporting real-life shelters, with 20% of developer profits going to the charity Petfinder Foundation. Want to see more cute puppies? Click on the video below…
In To the rescue! take over a bustling local animal sanctuary where stray animals fill the enclosures to the point of bursting. Help these doggos find their forever homes while caring for the shelter itself to provide a warm and welcoming environment for animals and future adopters. There are four dog sizes, seven breed types, and 29 dog varieties, all with many different individual personality traits and requiring a perfect match with their adopter.
Players will need to ensure their dogs are healthy and happy by balancing feeding, grooming and exercise schedules with tummy rubs and play time. There are also facilities to upgrade, from staff to hire, items to buy, and funds to raise to help the shelter continue its great work.
- 20% of the promoter’s profit on the sales of To the rescue! goes to real dog shelters through the PetFinder Foundation.
- Each dog is unique and generated with their own traits and preferences to make them distinctive and memorable.
- Adopters will come to the shelter looking for specific dogs, so match their preferences to increase the chances of adoption.
- Upgrade and customize your shelter with deluxe kennels, get help with cleaning or maintenance and more!
- Sometimes it can be difficult to afford to care for all the dogs in the shelter, so work with a tight budget and sometimes make tough decisions to continue helping dogs find homes.
“We ‘drop’ To the rescue! early to delight sim fans and dog lovers everywhere!” said Olivia Dunlap, co-founder of Little Rock Games. “We are thrilled to not only honor shelter volunteers around the world; but also bring meaningful awareness of their work through this game and help raise funds by donating a portion of our team’s profits.
To the rescue! is available for purchase on Steam now for PC and Mac and will be coming to the Nintendo Switch next year. Remember that 20% of the developer’s profits are donated to a charity supporting pet shelters.